My Client is a market leading refrigeration manufacturer, supplying and installing refrigeration to national Convenience and Supermarket retailers, here and overseas. My Client is a small business that require a hands-on approach and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the Business. This role is a senior one within the organisation reporting directly to a Director and you will be expected to actively participate as a senior Manager making recommendations for change and improvement in any areas of the business that you see is necessary. Your role may develop and change over time as the company grows and you will be expected to travel overseas (Asia/ Europe) for up to 2 weeks in any year.
As my Client expands rapidly, they are bringing in house more functions that have previously been subcontracted. This is an opportunity to be in at the start of a period of major growth and to make a dramatic change to the operational aspects of a business that already has an impressive range of Blue-Chip Customers. Building and leading a team to succeed is the core competency.
- Lead the Case Build Engineers, Stores Operatives and others as allocated to you in the performance of
- their duties
- Ensure that cabinets are completed on time and are complete and built to the correct quality standards and the site is a safe working environment and Health & Safety training is always carried out
- Manage, train & appraise colleagues and ensure that the staffing for the tasks are appropriate.
- Monitor productivity and quality with monthly KPI’s and be able to demonstrate continuous improvement
- Produce/ update Risk & Method statements for activities on the site
- Manage all the stocks, parts & store safely in an organised manner minimising damage risk
- Account for all items of stock and cabinets by serial number
- Put in place a part numbering system for component parts
- Maintain computer stock records and advise on re-ordering
- Maintain the security of stock
- Co-ordinate the despatch of spare parts
- Manage the plant and equipment on site.
- Manage the loading & unloading of vehicles and containers
- Manage colleagues and the site to deliver a clean tidy and safe working environment.
- Host customer visits as required
- Segregate waste neatly into waste streams
- Assist with stock-taking as required
Skills and experience:
- Experience of managing a team in an operational or logistics environment
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Likely to have worked at least 5 years in a management role
- IT skills: moderate/advanced level with Excel, Word, SharePoint and Outlook (familiarity with Sage, Access
- Dimensions or a similar package an advantage)
- Forklift Truck Licence (desirable)
- Full Car driving licence
- Mon - Fri 0800 - 1630 + such additional hours as are required to fulfil the task in this senior role.
- 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays p/a
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.