A Quality Control Technician to join a growing team developing and manufacturing medical device components using novel technology. The successful candidate will operate a wide range of laboratory equipment including scanning electron microscopes for checking the quality of manufactured samples. We work in class 7 cleanrooms in compliance with the ISO 13485 Quality Management System, following SOPs and keeping accurate records of all work undertaken. A background in medical manufacturing or other regulated industry would be an advantage but not essential. Full training will be provided.
- Undertake tasks as allocated on the production plan including quality inspections and general cleanroom preparation and checks.
- Operate equipment according to SOPs and instructions
- Carry out quality control testing at different stages of the manufacturing process - using standard and specialised laboratory equipment and following defined procedures
- Assist in Process Improvement actions and Quality Investigations as required.
- Maintain records for equipment and assist in the generation of batch documentation
- Work to and maintain Quality Standards.
- Ensure the management team and appropriate team members are aware of issues or potential issues in a timely manner.
- Work with the wider technical team to ensure the efficient running of the site.
Experience and skills:
- A hard-working and can-do attitude, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and drive continuous improvements
- Attention to detail and good organisation
- Experience operating laboratory equipment
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures in order to comply with a Quality controlled environment
- Competent with office software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc)
- Teamwork: taking individual responsibility and supporting team members.
- Embracing personal development and enthusiastic to learn
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.