A vacancy exists for an enthusiastic, skilled Test Laboratory Technician to undertake specialised performance testing of petroleum products using scientific instruments and testing machines. The principle focus of the position will be to join an established team of Technicians to build and operate testing equipment, rate test parts and report results according to standardised procedures.
- Commitment to the highest standards of HSSE and Quality consistent with company policies and values
- The operation of specialised laboratory equipment, including scientific machinery and precision instrumentation
- The management of test queues and interacting with customers within the Technology community on priorities
- Overseeing the routine maintenance of test equipment including reference testing and the management of supplies of spare parts and test parts
- Managing test results and coordinating the flow of technical information to internal customers
- The provision of expert guidance to internal customers on the selection of test methods and advising on options to modify methods for special purposes
- To diagnose operational problems with test equipment, implement remedial action and propose areas for procedural improvement
- The maintenance of accurate records as required by the prevailing Quality Systems
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Sound technical competencies with a practical aptitude. Candidates may either have a science background (eg in chemistry or engineering) with laboratory experience or served a recognised mechanical or instrumentation apprenticeship in a high technology enterprise. A sound working knowledge of the practices applicable to the operation and maintenance of precision machinery and/or instrumentation will prove advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with internal customers and team colleagues
- A proven ability to work skillfully and methodically according to technical standards and quality processes
- The capability to accurately manage test results and technical information, manipulate data and maintain comprehensive records
- Well-developed time management and personal organisational skills
- Experience of working with minimal supervision in a test laboratory environment together with a high awareness of the associated Health, Safety and Environmental practices
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.