Increase and maintain quality of new and existing Software components and Business Rules for the product and internal tools used to deliver end to end transactional message flow, delivering messaging solutions between businesses. You will be key in helping the company achieve its test automation objectives using the best tools for the job.
- Perform testing on various software development and process messages for Unit Test or QC purposes
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects
- Requirements review and analysis, bug tracking and progress reporting using recommended issue tracking tools.
- Performing various types of testing including compatibility, functional, performance, load, reliability, security, regression, usability, interface and user acceptance testing.
- Provide estimates for tasks to assist with project planning and improve estimation techniques and accuracy on an ongoing basis.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Facilitate the user acceptance testing of Software releases that have been developed
- Analyse results to verify output is in accordance with the documented Business Rules/requirements
- Construct test cases to verify all aspects of Business Rules and/or software requirements
- Investigate any issues that arise to determine the cause
- Apply “out-of-the-box” thinking and some programming to overcome testing challenges
- Contribute to test automation efforts to achieve a faster time-to-market for change requests and bug fixes without compromising on quality.
- Perform all above tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure technical skills remain appropriate to the changing demands of the role and highlight any training requirements
- Be an active team member, working collaboratively and taking ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Any other task as deemed necessary for the team and department to fulfill its goals and obligations
- Previous experience as a Test Automation Engineer
- Strong experience working in a DevOps/Agile environment
- Some experience of using Java, Selenium or scripting languages to facilitate test automation
- Experience of integrating testing into a CI/CD pipeline
- ‘A’ Level or above qualification in a technical or business-related subject
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Use of standard PC office packages (MS Office, Excel, Word)
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Use of the Atlassian (or similar) suite of productivity tools i.e. Jira, Confluence desirable
- Experience of using test recording and automation software such as Katalon, Mabl, Testim.io, CloudQA, JMeter desirable but not essential
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.