The Stores Person is responsible, under the direction of the Production Manager, for the control and organisation of stores of consumables, raw materials, sub-assemblies and finished goods. This document lists the duties and obligations of the role as they currently exist; all staff are expected to undertake additional responsibilities as may be required from time to time, to be agreed in consultation with the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Purchasing and Stock Management
- Ensure stock and purchasing records are always current
- Ensure stock requisitions are placed for all stock leaving stores
- Ensure all works orders are picked on time, in full
- Responsible for ensuring all materials are clearly identified and stored correctly as to maintain quality and integrity
- Follow department guidelines to ensure wastage is minimal and stock levels are controlled
- Support monthly and end of year stock takes
- Coordinate with the Purchasing Team regarding stock shortages and unavailable items
- Run the Insight Shortage report on a daily basis
- Prepare kits of materials, components and sub-assemblies as required
- Take delivery and/or collect all goods supplied to the company and route to appropriate department as necessary, ensuring the correct procedures are followed for the paperwork. Note: due to the nature of this role elements of heavy lifting will be necessary (safe lifting limits apply, and equipment and training will be provided)
- Ensure that all materials received comply with the purchase order, are in a high-quality condition and come with the correct paperwork and escalate any issues as necessary
- Work with other departments ensuring customers' orders are packed accurately, on time, in full, safely and securely.
- Ensure responsible areas are kept clean and tidy in accordance with H&S regulations
- Maintain the security of stores and following the correct key procedures
- Assist as necessary in the booking in of repairs for Service and Repair
- Complete administrative duties in relation to the purchasing system
- Support other team members during busy times in order to complete tasks on time
- Must be organised with strong attention to detail
- Strong communicator and team player
- Experience maintaining stock levels in a similar role
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge of making up kit materials
- Must have own transport due to remote but beautiful location
- Salary up to £21k DOE
- 27 days holiday+ Bank Holidays
- Standard performance related bonus and discretionary profit share bonus
- Excellent working hours with 3pm finish on a Friday
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.