My client is an exciting, fast-growing technology company based in Oxfordshire. They are a value-added distributor acting as a supply chain partner to many well-established vendors and brands. My client supply enterprise-level Wi-Fi, Point-to-Point, and security technologies to a very hungry market. The products and services they sell are always in high demand. A privately owned, award-winning business that has become a recognised leader in its industry and much like the industry itself, which has been in continual rapid growth since its inception in 2005.
An exciting opportunity has come available for a Senior Wireless Pre-Sales Engineer. The ideal candidate will be providing technical design and support for the company's range of wireless based products with a primary focus on external point-to-point/point-to-multipoint wireless solutions. They will possess a broad technical knowledge of advanced IP networking, wireless solution design and installations, and will be highly experienced in providing excellent customer service and problem escalation/resolution.
The principal duties will be:
- Provide design and support on wireless products to end users and resellers.
- Provide post-sales support for existing product sets within the wired and wireless marketplace.
- Provide technical design consultancy to end users and resellers in multiple verticals.
- Assisting customers in maintaining industry best practices and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Co-ordinate development activities with a range of stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure processes are lean and efficient.
- Provide customer facing support, both pre and post sales, to provide value add services.
- Conduct remote webinars, off-site demonstrations and wireless site surveys to assist and broaden customers technical knowledge base.
- Assisting the customer base during installations to ensure the solution fulfils all technical and requirements.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP routing, Network packet analysis tools use and configuration.
- Ruckus or CCNA certification (preferred)
- CWNA desirable Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Preference given to candidates with experience of Ruckus and Cambium equipment
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of point-to-point/point-to-multipoint problems.
- Must be organised and have excellent time management skills where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces challenges.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces.
- Provide sales support to help resellers and end users select optimal installation configurations in complex network environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide clear technical training to staff and customers of varying technical abilities.
- A passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build rapport.
- An ability to translate complex technical language to non-technical customer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within a wired or wireless technical role and planning and installing wireless point-to-point/point-to-multipoint links.
- Minimum of 2 years Networking experience in a technical support/design environment.
- Demonstrate experience with routing and switching configuration and installation works and with wireless technology configuration and installation works.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.