Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer is responsible for monitoring, testing, and reporting the quality of assembled products as well as the inspection of purchased materials, components, and assemblies to ensure we maintain high levels of service and delivery of product to our customers across the globe, and maintain certification to applicable standards including, but not limited to ISO9001.
Duties and responsibilities:
Quality in the Supply Chain
- Determine, maintain, and communicate detailed guidelines to identify which products require goods-in inspection, covering:
- Ensure internal systems are kept current with relevant inspection notes (as identified in bullet above)
- Approve or reject raw materials as necessary with respect to quality standards
- Resolve supplier quality issues using structured investigation and reporting techniques
- Communicate quality issues to supplier and work closely, as required, to resolve issues
- Coordinate management of RMAs and commercial implications with Purchasing
- Provide technical support during supplier visits and audits
- Capture and report supplier quality performance to support the supplier review process
- Quality check remaining stock when an issue has been identified with a part or component and ensure effective containment of affected items
- Support new supplier and new product introduction, and manage change qualification activities with suppliers and in house
Quality in the Production Cycle
- Monitor the First Time Pass Yield of the production cycle and routinely conduct inspection, on a sampling basis, for the purposes of
- Monitor for product, equipment and system failures which may impact the quality of the service provided by the company to our customers. Ensuring that failures are escalated as appropriate
Quality (Standards, Audits and Documentation)
- Working with relevant stakeholders to support and lead audits within Operations (and across the organisation as necessary) against applicable standards, (including ISO9001) requirements
- Work with the Operations Manager and Quality Manager to identify any quality metrics that support continuous improvement for manufacturing procedures
- Work with external bodies to support on-going certification to both new and current standards and ensure legal compliance
- Ensure related quality documentation is reviewed, maintained, and updated as necessary
Skills and experience:
- Must have demonstrable experience in monitoring, testing, and reporting the quality of assembled products to ensure compliance to ISO9001/ISO17025.
- You will have demonstrable experience in inspection of purchased materials, components, and assemblies to ensure a high First Time Pass Yield (FTPY) to maximise capacity and deliver high quality service and delivery of product to our customers across the globe.
- You will be responsible for resolving supplier quality issues and providing technical support during supplier visits and audits.
- Experience of support new supplier and new product introduction and manage product and component change activities externally and internally.
- Define assessment methods, testing, and acceptance criteria for purchased materials, components, and assemblies.
- Writing and updating work instructions.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.