Purpose of the Role:
To carry out the day-to-day purchasing for a growing production process, including managing all
aspects of supplier management. To support the VSM (value stream mapping) and Financial Controller in
enabling the sourcing of compliant materials with the best value and driving continuous
improvement in the overall supply cost base.
- Procure all materials for the production line
- Ensure best value for product and services
- To be actively involved and accountable for CI activities to reduce cost base
- Actively manage the supplier base to ensure specification and quality
- Monitor and assess supplier performance for materials
- Previous experience in a manufacturing purchasing/procurement role
- Material planning and supplier management background
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
Hours and Benefits
- 39 hours per week 08.15 – 17.00 m-T; 08.15 – 16.00 pm F. 45 mins lunch break
- 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Buy/sell up to 5 days’ holiday.
- Life insurance.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Social events.
- Life Insurance 3 x basic salary
- Pension Defined Contribution matching up to 5%
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.