- To support the AP team in a fast-paced and dynamic Finance team.
- Processing of invoices on both the utility and stock ledgers to assist with maintaining an accurate purchase ledger.
- Work closely with the PL Assistant and Accounts Assistant to ensure timely planning and processing of payments.
- Receive and process all invoices onto both the utility and stock ledgers, coding invoices accurately and in a timely manner from when they are first received.
- Ensuring the invoice email inbox is monitored and emptied regularly.
- Ensuring the post is collected and opened daily.
- Raising and processing weekly payments (between 50- 100 depending on workflow), in a timely and accurate manner. Responsibility shared with PL Assistant.
- Posting all payments on ledgers, aiding the Accounts Assistant in terms of bank reconciliation queries.
- Processing all employee expense claims in accordance with company policy and deadlines.
- Raising and processing bi-weekly payments (between 20- 50 depending on workflow), in a timely and accurate manner. Posting all payments on ledgers.
- Regularly reconciling supplier statements as they come into the business, ensuring an accurate ledger and Aged Creditors reports. Any reconciling differences to rectified in a timely manner. Responsibility shared with PL Assistant.
- At Month End: all identified suppliers must have statements reconciled and signed off by line manager by end of week 1. Monthly Aged Creditor review with line manager. Responsibility shared with PL Assistant.
- Helping cash management team to plot in and prioritise payments, always in alignment with the
- company’s cashflow.
- Update future payment sheets with new suppliers, and general housekeeping.
- Covering the PL Assistant in all other duties if they are absent from the business.
- Maintain filing and controls to meet company and audit requirements.
- Provide general support within the Finance function.
- AP and cash teams within Finance department, specifically PL Assistant and Accounts Assistant.
- Buyers/ merchandisers (stock supplier payments).
- Suppliers, including both stock and non-stock, councils and landlords.
Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Flexible team player
- Ability to retain information and learn quickly
- Any accounting qualification advantageous but not required
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.