To support with the development and delivery of the public affairs and policy strategy for members operating in the garden industry. To develop and support public affairs and policy campaigns to achieve defined objectives. Liaise with members and external stakeholders on public affairs and policy matters and producing communications materials for different audiences.
- To work with the Public Affairs and Policy Manager to develop and deliver public affairs and policy campaigns and associated objectives on time.
- To monitor the political landscape providing regular and ad hoc updates on issues relating to the industry and advice on follow up actions.
- To liaise and engage with Members as well as with key stakeholders including Government and Non-Government Officials
- Supporting the Public Affairs and Policy Manager in identifying and providing industry opinion for Government lobbying and the wider membership on developing policy matters.
- In collaboration with the Communications team identify opportunities for media comment and produce impactful policy materials and messaging through a range of communications channels, including social media.
- Compiling and regularly updating an issues risk register, and mapping and updating stakeholder groups for campaigns and issues.
- Communicating with members on a regular basis on specific policy areas, drafting content for policy updates and other communications and creating and delivering presentations to members and stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining public affairs information on the website.
- Demonstrable experience in public affairs and policy, having worked in either Parliament, trade association, Government, campaign organisation, PR/public affairs agency or similar.
- Excellent critical thinking ability, with a pro-active, can-do attitude.
- Strong research, analytical and drafting skills, being able to digest complex information into key salient points. An awareness of political issues and consequences.
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Strong administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- An eye for detail with the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure.
- Professional and accountable whilst being process driven.
- IT Literate with demonstrable knowledge of MS Office including Outlook.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field.
- Full UK Driving Licence and prepared to travel, particularly to Scotland, as necessary.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.