- This role is to act as a machine operator as well as support continuous improvement activities in the Fast Prototype Processing Area (FPP)
- The Fast Prototype Processing area prepares PCD, PCBN, Single Crystal and Polycrystalline diamond bulk materials for testing and customer trials
- Test pieces are processed from bulk material using W-EDM, laser cutting, grinding lapping and polishing machines to very tight tolerances
- This is a hands on role, focusing on the processing of test pieces while maintaining and improving upon current area lead times.
- The candidate will be working in a varied role across all business units and product groups
Duties and Tasks
- Day to day operation of various grinding, lapping and polishing machines
- Quality control of test pieces
- Monitor machine condition and behaviour, conduct maintenance and support in breakdown
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement activities, document processes and contribute to safe systems of work.
- Drive lead time reduction
- Identify and address any opportunities for improvement within the area
- Support the area supervisor in leading the team practically
Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be able to work in a methodical manner, following established procedures with a right first time approach and attention to detail
- Experienced in a grinding process would be an advantage but not essential. Full training will be given
- Able to communicate to technical and commercial audiences as well as train others in own team and beyond
- Comfortable working with MS Office tools, Excel in particular
- Exposure to LEAN manufacturing techniques would be advantageous
- The successful candidate will: enjoy a hands on approach to work, have a “go & see” style attitude when it comes to problem solving and have a solution orientated mind-set
- This role would suite a candidate looking to develop new skills and gain experience in an engineering environment, whilst opening avenues for further career progression within the company
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.