The role is responsible for the preparation of Monthly Management and annual Financial Accounts on a timely basis to ensure the management team have accurate and reliable information on which to base decisions; variance analysis is therefore critical. Proven skills in a fast-moving products-based business with cash and balance sheet management and reconciliation. An ability to manage the processing and analysis of large numbers of business transactions, leadership and drive will be required to maintain and improve strong financial and cash disciplines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts
- Annual statutory accounts preparation and management of annual audits
- Oversight and submission of monthly VAT returns, EC sales & other compliance matters
- Coordinate month end cut off and ERP period rollover
- Oversee bank reconciliations and reporting to funders
- Monitor & analyse gross margin
- Maintain & update fixed asset records
- Managing and forecasting cash flows
- Compile general management reports
- Manage nominal ledger journals & ledger reconciliations
- Produce budgets and forecasts
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure correct transaction analysis, monitor and report variances
- Assist with the management and leadership of the finance team to ensure the smooth, efficient and timely processing of financial transactions
- Part or fully qualified with at least 3 years practical experience in commerce
- Strong Excel modelling and data management skills
- Proven financial and commercial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior knowledge of B2B products-based trading and transaction processing a distinct advantage
- Able to prioritise short, medium and long-term plans to ensure objectives are met
- A flexible, results focused approach to work combined with a keen eye for detail and always meeting significant deadlines
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.