An award-winning developer and manufacturer. Based at the Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, the company has ambitious growth objective over the next five years, and now seeks to recruit a logistics planning technician to support its expanding manufacturing operation.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receipt and dispatch of incoming/outgoing customer products
- Reconciliation of customer product with purchase orders and customs invoice
- Production monitoring and planning
- Interface with production team regarding communication of customer priorities
- Support to finance team with incoming / outgoing customer contact
- Updating supplier shipments with customers
- Planning and administrative oversight of manufacturing supply inventories
- Building a high-quality standard with logistics planning
The role reports to the CEO, and will involve the following attributes:
- Aptitude for working in volume production environment, where there is a strong requirement for team working together with strong task focus
- Minimum 3 years operational experience of supply chain
- Knowledge of an MRP/ERP logistics software systems would be desirable
- Intermediate level Excel essential
- Experience in data handling with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Aptitude to carry out activities within a quality management framework
- Creativity and initiative to identify and bring forward ideas for process improvement, quality enhancements, and efficiency cost savings
- Attention to detail, task accuracy and timekeeping
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy, patience and understanding for others, while also capable of operating to a disciplined, task-based approach
Salary package commensurate with level of capability, aptitude, and relevant experience.
Standard 40 hours per week. Candidates will ideally be able to adopt flexible working patterns when required, and also demonstrate a willingness to carry out shift working (early or late) as required by the company to meet operating requirements.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job