We are seeking a Laboratory and Facility Assistant to support the day-to-day operations of the cleanroom laboratories. Reporting to the Office Manager you will be responsible for the ordering, receipting and distribution of lab reagents and consumables, assisting with the maintenance schedules for the lab equipment and liaising with external engineers for equipment calibrations, maintenance, and repair. You will ensure that the Class VII clean rooms and Laboratory equipment are maintained, calibrated, and cleaned according to the ISO 13485/ 14644 standards, and that everyone is working in a safe environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated candidate that can work under their own initiative, within the guidance of the Office Manager, and offers the opportunity to further progress your career with additional responsibilities.
A summary of the duties involved are as follows:
Supporting the Office Manager and Facilities Team. Key responsibilities include.
- Manage and participate in the cleaning schedules and facility monitoring to ensure continued compliance.
- Assisting with the administration of the laboratory equipment asset register.
- Coordinate equipment calibration, maintenance, and service activities with external suppliers, against agreed schedules.
- Maintain adequate supplies of laboratory consumables by monitoring stock levels, placing orders as required and carrying out Incoming Goods receipt and inspections.
- Ensure the correct handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- General administration including records keeping and preparing and maintaining documentation such as SOPs, risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
- Good Housekeeping and ensuring the labs are kept appropriately clean and stocked.
- Champion Health and Safety standards in the Laboratories- such as ensuring safety equipment / PPE, Eyewash, etc. are available and in good order.
Support the Quality Manager by:
- Promote continuous improvement within the Laboratory.
- Working alongside the Quality Department to carry out laboratory audits and to implement improvements as identified.
- Undertake cross-training initiatives within the Laboratory to support the QC Role.
- Perform such other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- A hard-working can-do attitude, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn and drive continuous improvements.
- Self-motivated, resilient and able to organize own workload.
- A strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft word and excel and fully IT literate.
- A familiarity of COSHH, risk assessment and writing procedures.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience of working in a quality-controlled environment e.g., ISO13485 / 9001 /GLP/GMP
- An ability to flex and multi-task.
- Teamwork: taking individual responsibility and supporting team members
- Transparency: communicating openly and highlighting issues promptly
- Excellence: delivering high quality outputs; aware of priorities and deadlines
- Eager to drive continuous improvements
- Consideration: Considerate with concern for impact on others
- Learning: embracing personal development and enthusiastic to learn
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.