Laboratory Operator 6-month temporary
A vacancy has arisen for a Lab Operator to join the Blending Centre of Excellence, Technology Services Team. The principal activity of this team is to provide laboratory support to the lubricant technology groups in Didcot. The role involves preparation of formulations, scheduling tests, dispatching samples and general lab activities. This role will also offer some support to the broader Technology Services areas.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to HSSE and quality values.
- Some lab-based experience.
- Ability to drive work forward to meet research targets and timelines
- Demonstration of effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Excellent Team player
- Good communication & problem-solving skills
- A background in science or engineering is helpful, but not essential
- Customer facing experience is helpful, but not essential
The successful candidate will spend 80% of their day in the laboratory, blending and preparing lubricant oils and additive packages for our internal Infineum customers. The rest of the time, they will prepare documentation, arrange testing and shipping of samples.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.