Part of the European IT Team, this role will provide 1st and 2nd line support to our colleagues based in Europe. To succeed in this role, you will have to have the ability to work independently to help colleagues resolve simple and complex issues and clearly communicate technical concepts to colleagues with a range of technical abilities. You will also need to have a willingness to go the extra mile, looking beyond the current issue to proactively resolve other potential issues occurring during support duties.
- 1st & 2nd line remote user support and administration through ITSM and ITIL
- Own Procurement and Asset Management through to roll out of new hardware/software
- Maintain and manage EMEA Barracuda backup solution
- General network/infrastructure support
- Assist where necessary with any IT led corporate initiatives
- Documentation, including common software guidance, onboarding checklists and user training, some of which may be in person
- Other duties may be assigned
Essential Technologies and Tools:
- Windows 10
- Azure and Active Directory / Intune / Group Policy
- Office 365 Administration including Intune
- Networking TCP/IP
- ITSM Toolset
- Remote support tools such as TeamViewer
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Solid experience providing IT support in a professional environment
- Familiar with maintenance and administration of Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise, Windows 2008 Server and Windows 2012 R2 Server through Active Directory
- Demonstrable understanding of Fundamentals of networking, OSI, DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching
- The use of a centralised helpdesk call logging environment
- Knowledge of working in a virtualised environment (VMware)
- Knowledge of SQL Database maintenance
- Previous use of WSUS, Software Delivery, Remote Control (ITCM)
- Backup and restore procedures using Barracuda backup solutions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent problem solving and Diagnosis skills and demonstrable Route Cause Analysis
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrable understanding of file access and management in a WAN / LAN environment
In addition to a competitive salary, my Client also offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes BUPA, Pension contributions up to 8%, 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day every 5 years to a maximum of 30 days), cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary.
My Client is an equal opportunities employer
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.