Working as part of the European IT team, the IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintaining all infrastructure and providing high quality 3rd line support to colleagues across the European region, directly contributing to improved efficiencies within the Regional and Global team.
- Maintain the day-to-day operations of the IT Systems and Infrastructure relating to the European business, including both main and regional facilities, on prem and cloud services.
- Maximise availability of computer systems and servers throughout the European Organization.
- Provide advanced technical support for Windows, VMWare, MS Server, MS Intune, O365, Barracuda, Azure/AWS, VoIP, GPO and AD within the European Business.
- Ensure all servers are kept up to date, compliant and secure.
- Ensure accurate logging of tickets, notes and resolutions in the IT Ticket System, ensuring resolution is reached in a timely manner, with customer satisfaction as a primary focus.
- Maintain relationships and interface with external IT suppliers and service vendors.
- Help control IT costs and improve efficiency of IT systems within Europe.
Policies and Procedures:
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the Global Cyber Security policies for the European organization.
- Conduct work in accordance with all IT Policies or Procedures.
- Assist with tracking security status and resolve incidents in-line with the Incident Response Procedure and update where necessary.
- Take a lead in maintaining the European Disaster Recovery plans and performing tests to ensure readiness and effectiveness.
- Ensure continuity of mission critical systems and data via Backup processes, month end procedures and other methods.
- Adhere to all regional documentation and procedures included in XPs Quality systems.
- Support the 1st and 2nd line IT colleagues.
- Maintain a tidy work environment in all IT areas.
- Maintain FAQ databases and perform IT admin tasks.
- Ensure thorough documentation is created for all changes and new technology implementations.
- Ensure all assets are captured on the asset register.
- Attend courses and training to ensure skills and knowledge are up to date and relevant to the business.
- Maintain the infrastructure at all EU sites, ensuring it is fit for purpose and suggesting improvements where identified.
- Provide a quick response to user requests and incidents as the 3rd Line helpdesk support.
- Other IT duties as required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Min 5 years previous IT Helpdesk experience
- CCNA, Network+ or MCP
- Level 3 IT qualification (or equivalent)
- Proven history and extensive technical knowledge of Windows, VMWare, MS Server, MS Intune, O365, AD, Backups, Server 2012/2019, Azure or AWS, VoIP and GPO within a European Business
- Established in managing and maintaining servers
- Strong communication skills including clear written and spoken English
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills when faced with complex issues
- Pro-active approach to service activity to achieve all SLAs
- Familiarity with ITIL procedures or similar
- Understanding of best practice protocols and systems in support of Cyber Security
- Effective prioritisation/time management
- 5+ years’ experience providing IT support within a Global business
- Experience within a remote environment
- Experience of supporting Disaster Recovery processes
- Experience of implementing cyber security processes
- Understanding of Risk Governance including GDPR
- ITIL qualified
- European language skills in French, German or Italian
- Experience of supplier communication
- Desire to mentor and support less experienced team members
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.