This is a 1st/2nd line role and requires a candidate comfortable dealing with end users. The candidate will be responsible for installs, upgrades, Workstation/server fault finding, and application support across all UK sites. The role will be primarily based out of our Harwell office, but will require paid for travel to our London offices regularly.
- · Provide 1st/2nd line support on all systems
- · Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- · Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- · Research questions using available information resources
- · Advise user on appropriate action
- · Follow standard help desk procedures
- · Log all help desk interactions
- · Administer help desk software
- · Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- · Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- · Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- · Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Key competencies and experience
- Good understanding of hardware architecture including, building, installing and maintaining
- software, memory, disks, drivers etc.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware problems. Experience of Dell hardware an advantage
- Active directory administrator knowledge
- Experience of Windows 10 - Troubleshooting, installations and configuration
- Office365 - Familiarity with configuring O365 including OneNote experience.
- Basic understanding of virtual machines in particular VMWare
- Understanding of TCP/IP, addressing and troubleshooting
- Administration of antivirus software
- Experience with disk imaging software
- Familiar with network patching
- Interested in technology developments
- Knowledge or experience of Microsoft Teams
- Any ITIL experience would be beneficial
Skills and behaviours:
- · Good oral and written communication skills
- · Communicate effectively at all levels including senior staff
- · Keen attention to detail
- · Strong focus on customer service
- · Excellent problem solving skills
- · Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a busy environment
- · Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.