Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s safety infrastructure, documentation and procedures. You will be pivotal in providing a robust and comprehensive in-house Environment Health and Safety service.
- Support the monitoring of compliance with procedures, legislation and general safe working practice through audits, inspections and other appropriate monitoring;
- Perform, safety inductions and where appropriate support the on-going development of the Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing training programme;
- Assist in the delivery of suitable and sufficient risk assessments, accident / incident investigations, reporting and training;
- Where required assist with senior leadership members to liaise with external bodies, e.g. fire brigade, insurance company, supply chain, and enforcement agencies; and
- Provision of service to departments on matters of HSE
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to adapt to changing demands whilst operating under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to communicate across matrix both orally and written.
- Working knowledge UK EHS Legislation especially COMAH / COSHH / DSEAR / RIDDOR / IRR17 etc. highly desirable
- Experience of running employee engagement and behavioural safety programmes.
- The ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Experience of capturing and monitoring leading and lagging EHS indicators,
- Experience of facilitating accident / incident root cause analysis and application of Corrective and Preventative action setting
- Ability to undertake Audits / Inspections
- Experience of dealing with external agencies (EA, HSE, Home Office, Police, Fire etc...)
- Experience of Occupational Hygiene air monitoring and or Environmental Air Monitoring (desirable)
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
NEBOSH General Certificate (I) working towards or completed NEBOSH Diploma / Equivalent NVQ (ii) or equivalent Environmental qualifications: and
Technical Member or higher membership of IOSH / or equivalent with IEMA
08:15 - 17:00 Mondays to Thursdays, 08:15 - 16:00 Fridays (with a 45-minute lunch break)
- 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Buy/sell up to 5 days’ holiday.
- Life insurance.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Social events.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.