The Head of Quality, H&S and Environmental will be responsible for providing occupational health and safety, quality control and compliance professional leadership to all levels of staff within the business.
To improve performance and compliance through implementation of H&S, Quality and Compliance management systems and processes including ISO45001, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and other current standards and legislation.
As our H&S advisor, you will use your skills to promote a positive H&S culture across the manufacturing site. You will also ensure that the Company and all staff comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adhered to.
You will work closely with all departments across the business to collect and process QA data and through analyses, use the information gathered to help drive up quality standards throughout the supply chain, production process and into finished product.
Lead by example to Mentor and motivate the team in pursuit of high quality and productivity, whilst aiming to create an exceptional working environment for all staff throughout the department and wider business.
- Carry out H&S risk assessments and indicate where risks may be reduced across the business.
- Conduct regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Prepare H&S strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in house training with Managers and employees about H&S issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports highlighting improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for stake holders
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of HSE legislation and any changes that may affect the business.
- Ensure new equipment is installed safely
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances from the site.
- Attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals.
- Establish robust quality procedures, standards and specifications for the company and ensure adopted standards are being adhered throughout the production process.
- Ensure suppliers are meeting our quality standards. Use collected data to generate supplier metrics and oversee the development of a proactive goods in QA process to approve compliant and reject defective products.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are compliant with both national and international standards of production and advise on any improvements.
- Make recommendations to Management teams on ways to improve existing quality processes.
- Collect and analyse relevant quality statistical data to obtain information regarding quality performance.
- Monitor product development process to identify potential deviations from quality policies
- Conduct regular environmental audits of factory processes.
- Carry out research to identify ways to factory reduce waste/ find outlets for surplus materials.
- Promote an environmentally conscious approach to working throughout factory staff.
- Manage the Company sustainability agenda and set key departmental objectives in pursuit of meeting the company sustainability roadmap.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level and/or proven experience working in a H&S role at a similar level and bringing about culture change within an organization.
- IOSH or similar professional qualification.
- Experience in completing H&S management audits and implementing action plan to meet audit findings.
- Ability to organize workload effectively to meet time critical deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, responding to business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver
- Good communicator be able to train and communicate instructions clearly and effectively
- Good attention to detail
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ethical approach to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
Hours - 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
Annual leave = 23 days per year plus birthday
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.