The role of Grounds operative is extremely important as you are crucial in ensuring the department achieves exceptional standards. It is important that clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, staff and other outside agencies are treated in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner. It is essential that all work is carried out to the highest standard and that all staff are trained and supervised while on site
Aims of the post
- Ensuring work is carried out to the highest standard and in accordance with maintenance plans and site specifications
- Client liaison while on site carrying out grounds services
- Compliance with company health & safety and environmental procedures and current legislation
- Complete conversance with company procedures and organisation
- report back any issues to the Head of grounds
Duties will include
- Ensuring health & safety and environmental procedures are followed and risk assessments are completed while on site
- Ensuring all tools are safe to use and are looked after by team crew members
- Reporting any misuse of equipment and vehicles to the head of grounds
- Be aware of and proactive in following the Company Environmental Policy, report any noted non-conformances in respect of instructed Environmental procedures to Environmental Focal Point
- Keeping the department work area clean, tidy and well organised
- Understanding organisation, services, standard procedures and policies
- Participating in training and attending meetings with Head of grounds, Team Leaders and other Grounds Operatives
- Informing the head of grounds of any personal or health issues regarding the team that are causing concern and any change of personal information such as home address, telephone number etc.
- Other duties include
- Grass cutting
- Hedge cutting
- Litter picking
- Emptying of bins
- Removing waste ie. fly tips
- Tree works
To participate in the staff appraisal programme, identifying personal strengths and weaknesses and personal development needs.
Please note that a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure check will be carried out in order for you to obtain clearance to attend our client sites.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.