We are looking for a fire risk assessor; the ideal candidate would be someone who is a qualified fire risk assessor, but all candidates will be considered on an individual basis.
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessments in a range of properties and make detailed notes required to write the document for the client (off site).
- Writing reports and ensuring follow ups to any major issues found.
- To input on current FRA template and make improvements where necessary and work on improving processes/policies as required.
- Provide specialist, technical advice and support in line with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to both customers and colleagues.
- To be able to conduct site surveys and quote for works required by the customer to the company standard.
- To deal with customer generated queries efficiently, and liaise with customers.
- To keep up to date with all current fire legislation & apply to assessments.
- Qualified fire risk assessor with proven and previous experience in the completion of Fire Risk Assessments
- We are looking for candidates with prior experience and qualifications within the fire sector, candidates will need to hold relevant accreditations in order to be considered for this role. This can be any of the following: Professional Accreditation. IFireE accreditation. GIFSM. CS Todd fire risk assessment course, Fire Protection Association or ASFP.
- Member to IFE, FPA or IFSM preferred not essential, knowledge of statutory regulations, guidelines, British standards and their implementation.
- (Approved document B, BS9999, LACORs, HM Gov - Fire safety law and guidance documents for business, BS9991).
- Knowledge and/or experience of PAS79 template.
- Be computer literate (experience in Microsoft Excel and Word essential)
- Confident and self-aware with the ability to communicate professionally
- Someone who demonstrates professional credibility by communicating verbally and in writing to be clearly understood and make an impact.
- Be able to operate effectively under pressure, maintaining attention to detail.
- Able to build and maintain long-term professional relationships both internally and externally
- Able to identify solutions to suit internal and external customers
- Be reliable and have a flexible approach to the working day.
- High levels of literacy, written and verbal communication skills
- Plan and organise workloads in order to meet time-frames for service delivery
- Full clean UK driving licence
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.