We are looking to recruit for a Finance Team Leader to sit within the Finance Department. The Finance Team Leader will be responsible for the line management of the finance team, as well as supporting the Chief Accountant in all aspects of company finance and support in the preparation of reports, financial accounts and financial audits.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation and analysis of management accounts for the chief accountant to present to directors and management team
- Ensure finance and accounts operations are carried out in a timely manner
- Work with the chief accountant on cash flow forecasting, budgeting, cost monitoring and control
- Assist the chief accountant with financial audits
- Manage the month-end process
- Manage monthly accruals, pre-payments and journals
- Cash management and banking
- Credit control and debtor management
- Corporate credit card management
- Employee expenses management
- Post invoices and credit notes as required
- Prepare and process supplier payments
- Engage, teach and develop the people within the team, accountable for team performance, staff development and recruitment
- Support the chief accountant in the development, communication and implementation of the company’s strategic plans
- Accountable for team projects and deliverables, allocate team resources to take priorities into account
- Ensure that compliance requirements are met
- Ensuring adequate and up to date cover for general insurance needs of the business
- Ensure processes and tasks are compliant to current legislation and are carried out in accordance with company policies within required time frames
- Act as deputy for chief accountant as agreed to cover periods of absence
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have experience of managing a high performing team.
- Experience of working as part of a leadership team is also essential, this successful candidate for this role will need to work with other team leaders in the business to drive the business plan.
- Qualified or studying towards an accountancy qualification or relevant experience
- Proficient with an accounting software package
- Experience working in a finance team.
- Able to develop an understanding of a complex business situation or system and come up with options for countermeasures.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.