Working for the Operations Manager, the main tasks of the Export Manager include overseeing the preparation and processing of paperwork for domestic and international shipments; including despatch notes, commercial invoices, customs licences, and other legal documents required to ensure compliance with current legislation. Working with other departments to ensure timely despatch of customer orders, and preparation and timely submission of all compliance returns.
Duties and Responsibilities
Exporting and Compliance
- Overseeing and contributing to the preparation of export and customs documentation in compliance with legal obligations; working with channel partners to receive completed original EUU documentation; applying for export licences and checking that they are correct; ensuring that paperwork for shipments is complete and correct prior to dispatch; filing paperwork; and maintaining records in readiness for government audits.
- Checking customs documentation such as import/export declarations and submitting MSS reports to HMRC, resolving queries, and keeping records accurate and up to date.
- Review of Letter of Credit, EUR1, Certificates of Origin and other export documents that may be required.
- Ensuring that paperwork is produced to comply with requirements for the import and export of goods. Double checking all orders as they are processed to make sure the correct licences are used (e.g. UK OGEL for repairs).
- Managing and developing systems to comply with requirements of Export Control, giving attention to specific regional customs requirements and correct use of approved exporter status.
- Checking current legislation to ensure processes are compliant (e.g. using I-Croner website).
- Detailed communication internally and externally on all export matters, including training/advising customers with customs queries.
- Responsible for administering import and export compliance programs, ensuring policies and procedures comply with both government regulations & company policies, and are consistent with industry best practices.
- Reviewing product bills of materials (BoMs) for % of components with GB origin annually or for new products.
- Responsible for submitting all compliance returns accurately and on time.
- Conducting monthly and annual reporting of licenses, and other legal requirements (e.g. OIEL report for ECO, and WEEE returns)
Order Entry and Administration
- Receiving customer orders; comparing against quotations; working with other departments to resolve order queries; setting up new accounts; agreeing payment terms; preparing and sending sales acknowledgments (confirming lead times) to customers whilst also adhering to company policies and legal requirements.
- Raising customer sales invoices, proforma invoices, and credits using commercial software whilst also adhering to company policies.
- Uploading invoices into Sage Accounts, ensuring correct exchange rates are used.
- Executing 123 Insight Period End and reviewing sales invoices credit & sales orders reports.
- Oversee the export inbox; organising and clearing down daily, ensuring that all queries have been resolved or assigned, supporting the team on complex queries.
- Issuing weekly China sales order book information
Customer Support (Internal and External)
- Assisting with complex queries regarding orders, shipments, and compliance from internal departments.
- Ensuring customers are fully informed with all relevant information regarding their orders and shipments.
- Managing day to day operational requirements to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by proactively working with other departments. e.g. daily issuing of the next days shipment list, and working with the Production Manager to check works order status of shipments due during the next week.
- Providing data for monthly Management Team Meetings
- Providing Repair and Service status updates to the Commercial team as required.
- Ensure that confidential information is not disclosed inappropriately, seeking advice from your manager if you are unsure what may be disclosed and to whom.
- Ensure that confidential information is held in the correct part of the network, appropriately protected by file access permissions.
- Ensure that passwords are secure and not shared.
- Lock your PC screen or log off when you are away from your desk.
- Dispose of confidential material by shredding it.
- Avoid leaving confidential information unattended on desks or printer, etc.
- Ensure that confidential information held in manual filing systems is locked away when not in use.
- Ensure your team adhere to confidentiality protocols
- Let your manager know if you believe that our arrangements for protecting confidentiality are not adequate.
- Responsible for monitoring our couriers performance in processes and deliveries, managing export costs, checking and approving invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of accurate electronic and paper-based records required to meet compliance obligations, including filing of electronic folders once all export entries have been checked against MSS Reports
- Review and close all shipping/Export related Improvement Reports in timely manner.
- Review and close all shipping/Export related right first-time issues in a timely manner.
- Attend New Product Development (NPD) meetings and provide guidance on Import/Export matters.
- Attend Management Team Meetings as required by the Operations Manager
- Other duties as agreed
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.