We are now seeking an Executive Assistant to provide high-quality EA support to our Chief of Transformational Medicine and Chief Strategic Officer. To be considered at shortlisting you will be a flexible person with good time-management skills and an efficient approach to diary management. You will have previous experience working as an executive assistant or senior personal assistant in a large complex organisation. You will be an advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite and have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
In addition, you will have meticulous attention to detail coupled with the ability to work under pressure in a busy environment. The duties involved in the role are varied and include giving full administrative support on financial matters (for example, the management of travel, subsistence and other expenses and allowances, invoices for subscriptions), making complex travel arrangements, acting as the first point of contact for visitors, and organising meetings, preparing and circulating documents, and agendas as appropriate.
Applicants should demonstrate experience of senior diary management, together with the ability to organise complex schedules, and evidence of tact and discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters. A willingness to work outside normal hours to support meetings and outreach events is also needed.
- University degree or relevant experience at senior level
- Be resourceful, assertive and self-motivated, highly confidential
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Able to work on own initiative and make decisions where appropriate
- Flexible, team player with excellent inter-personal skills
- Computer literacy at advanced level
- High levels of attention to detail
- Microsoft Office proficiency at advanced level
- Ability to delegate where appropriate
- Ability to multitask successfully in a fast-paced agile environment
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Ethical, open and honest
- Life sciences/biotech domain experience
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.