About the role
We have a fabulous opportunity for a proactive Event Coordinator to join our busy and productive in-house events team. This is a broad and varied role that supports all 4 team members (Head of Events, 2 x Event Managers & 1 x Senior Project Manager) on the delivery of a packed calendar of c.40 in-person and digital events per year. These include small monthly webinars and networking events, to our larger flagship events that include Awards Dinners, Conferences and Exhibitions. The team provide end-to-end event services across all projects.
Detailed breakdown of role:
1) Delivery of Training programme:
This is a programme of training events, and the Event Coordinator will assume responsibility for booking, delivering and developing the annual programme of c.12 small courses. The courses cover a range of topics, all aimed at supporting life sciences company leaders or wider team members. Tasks include scheduling and delivering the events, attending on the day (if in-person) or hosting a digital session on Zoom, as well as developing/implementing a plan for growth and evolution of the product.
2) Provision of General Event Support:
- Setting up the event page on our combined CRM & event platform system, GlueUp, and updating all corresponding calendar listings as required
- Keep the online event pages for each event updated as new information is confirmed
- Manage the registration process of all events, deal with issues, queries and keep track of numbers
- Create registration lists
- Create Delegate badges
- Preparation and packing of all event collateral on event day
- Managing no-shows, attendees, speakers lists after the event
- Identify delegates that require follow up communication re memberships or sponsorship opportunities etc.
- On-site event attendance, mainly overseeing delegate registration & general support
3) Other Research and Support Tasks:
- Tracking and fulfilment of corporate sponsorship agreement benefits
- Logging and fulfilment of annual media partner agreements
- Managing new contacts & research lists
- Keep the internal and external event diaries up to date
- Maintain stock levels for all event collateral items e.g., badges etc.
- Any other duties assigned by your manager, provided that such duties fall within your range of skills and competencies.
- You must be a positive, proactive team player who is keen to learn and keen to become an integral part of our busy and productive team
- Whilst event experience is preferable but not essential, you must be able to show how your complimentary skills/experience in an administrative role suit this events-based position
- You must be confident with getting under the skin of our new CRM software, GlueUp, and of course be experienced with excel, PowerPoint and social media applications in a business context
- Happy to deal with a range of administration tasks, with the ability to remain calm and maintain a high level of attention to detail in times of pressure
- You will be expected to attend live events and be a main point of contact for delegates upon arrival, so a warm, professional and approachable demeanour is essential
- Experience within a scientific based company would be a bonus, but a candidate with an interest in science and willingness to learn will also be considered
This is a permanent, full-time role, with some flexibility around hours. This role will be office based, with occasional home working (when established in the role) considered. In addition to a competitive salary, benefits include: 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, private health care, life insurance.
Travel to events throughout the UK is an essential part of this role (mainly Oxford, London), so it is preferable that you can drive and have access to a car. Please note, there will be some early starts, late finishes and, on occasion, overnight stays.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.