The Data Science team work closely with scientists and engineers, using data to provide insights and solve real world problems with the aim of creating a sustainable future through innovative chemistry. Collaborating with internal teams and playing a key role in external industry groups, the global Data Science team use their diverse experience and skills to enable superior data driven decision making. In addition to solving specific scientific and engineering problems, the team also develop and maintain models, internal software tools and training to support the development of world class products. The role is both engaging and challenging and will enable you to apply your knowledge to take on a range of technical challenges with the possibility to choose the path that’s right for you.
- Develop tools and techniques to produce creative solutions which meet the needs of Technology teams
- Present data insights, hypothesis, and proposals in a clear and meaningful manner
- Act as an internal Data Science consultant, actively seeking opportunities to acquire and analyse data to support scientific and engineering decision making
- Support colleagues in the use of statistics and Data Science tools and techniques
- Develop and maintain models for global Technology teams
Benefits of this position:
- Opportunity to work within a highly experienced global team
- Further develop skills in data retrieval, manipulation, analysis, modelling and visualisation
- Experience in developing, supporting and maintaining internal Data Science software tools
- Opportunity to shape the direction of Data Science within Infineum
- Skills in influencing scientific and engineering decision making
- Develop knowledge and skills in the application of Data Science in a commercial environment
- Exposure to a broad array of technical challenges
- Ideally a PhD in Statistics, Data Science, or in a scientific field with a strong statistical content
- An inquisitive, problem-solving nature with excellent technical competencies and the desire to learn
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience in Design of Experiments, regression modelling and data manipulation
- Ability to work autonomously and manage priorities, while retaining a collaborative and inclusive approach with others
- Experience in coding and with statistical or data science software packages is a plus ability to learn is necessary
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.