Purpose of the role:
This role is a key part of the database operations team, bringing XML expertise and problem-solving capability to some of our most important products. This role supports and owns elements of our database content processing workflow, including working with vendors to ensure data capture and delivery is to the required standard, and that we have clear and developing data model documentation. The jobholder will advise on and coordinate our XML management based on knowledge of industry best practice and will complete data tasks such as coordinating third party data supply and thesaurus outputs. Working with our content store and thesaurus content tools, the jobholder will coordinate improvements in our systems while also considering new ways of processing our data and adding value to our products.
- Maintain and update our data model documentation, to ensure clarity for internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in the database and thesaurus systems.
- Liaise with editorial as needed on product requirements.
- Monitor the performance of Innodata and quality of our XML, and report back with metrics and actions
- Act as system owner for our thesaurus software and manage any data outputs from it
- Coordinate our third-party data supply processes, either completing the data delivery or ensuring they are completed by a vendor.
- Identify improvements in processes and propose associated efficiency gains.
- Support processes on agriRxiv and searchRxiv.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of industry standard data models and XML/HTML management
- Experience of working with journals and books
- Ability to develop ideas into proposals, and influence stakeholders
- Confidence in liaising with internal and external contacts
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Experience using content management systems/tools.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a digital publishing environment.
- Experience directing and supporting third party typesetting and digitization suppliers.
- Experience of delivering successful digital projects.
Education & Qualifications
- Strong team-worker
- Excellent communicator
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Able to take initiative and achieve results
- Enthusiasm for self-improvement and career development
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.