Main Purpose of Role:
The position is responsible for ensuring that customers’ orders are correctly processed and planned to meet agreed delivery times.
Key Duties/Main Responsibilities
Customer Order Processing
- Take receipt of new orders via e-mail, post or from internal sales
- Initial check of technical data against quotation (if applicable)
- Check sales order confirmations against the customer’s order
- Check availability and price of unit required on stock system
- Advise customer of any deviations or queries in writing or refer to Internal Sales.
- Advise customer of acknowledged date if different to that requested
- Liaise with Finance for any blocked orders.
- Input order to the SAP system
- Management / collating of order paperwork ready for check and release. (Order Prints)
- To be responsible for the completion of each live job file. (ie, to make sure each job has a copy of quote, internal notes, deviations, customer correspondence & purchase order copies etc.)
- Record order details on SAP against individual Orders and add any additional text into the SAP order.
- Check delivery matrix & production capacity in all applicable production plants; also liaise with production planning on site
- Raise relevant documentation as requested by the customer.
- Request delivery improvements via Customer Logistics Ticket System.
- Provide support for other members of Customer Service team, this could cover production planning, raising POs etc. with relevant training.
- Any other reasonable task as requested by the Management, for the fulfilment of the job and according to the needs of the business
- To actively policies and maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations
- As duties and responsibilities change, this job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the post holder
Skills and Knowledge Required
- GCSE Maths & English or equivalent
- SAP knowledge preferable
- Some technical knowledge would be advantageous
- Computer literate with Microsoft products & SAP
- A good telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- 8.30 to 17.00 Mon to Thursday (8.30 to 16.00 Friday)
- Hours – Monday- Thursday 8.30am – 5pm (Friday 8.30am-4pm )39 hr working week, 30 mins for lunch)
- 22 days holidays rising to 25 days
- Free health insurance for employee
- Quarterly bonus
- Auto-enrolment pension, 4% Company & 4% employee
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.