The role of Cleaning Contract Manager is vital as you are coordinating the operations function ensuring client satisfaction at various sites. It is important that clients, staff and other outside agencies are greeted in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner. It is important to believe that you work in the best Facilities Management organisation in the country. Clients should have their enquiries dealt with as soon as possible. You are responsible for keeping up to date records and developing management systems. You should be courteous and respectful to your colleagues at all sites and at all times.
Key result areas
- Operational planning at contract level with responsibility for contract performance and monitoring, ensuring all operational requirements of the contract are met.
- Client interface.
- Recruitment, training, performance management & retention of staff.
- Management of budgets and provision of reports.
- Notification of any health and safety, environmental or premises management concerns to the Health & Safety Focal Point or Environmental Focal Point.
- Compliance with all existing company systems, procedures and work practices.
- Establishment of excellent interpersonal relationships with clients, suppliers, employees and other outside agencies.
Duties will include:
- Provision of operational support at contract level, ensuring that all operational requirements of the contracts are met. This includes the provision of cover cleaning operatives, often at very short notice and may require the Contract Manager to personally clean the site if cover cleaning operatives cannot be sourced.
- Operational planning at contract level with responsibility for contract performance and monitoring. The Operations Manager must be informed of any issues.
- Client interface. This will include listening to the clients, taking notes, advising the client when you hope to get back to them, investigating, solving issues if possible and reporting back to clients as promised, keeping the Operations Manager and other staff / Directors informed as necessary.
- Management of all directly employed staff including Area and Site Supervisors including recruitment and selection, training, performance management and staff retention. Checking documentation to confirm employee identity, address, right to remain and work in the UK etc. in accordance with procedures.
- Management of budgets in liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Collation and reporting of management information and the development of management systems.
- Contact point for enquiries from internal departments including sales, stores, administration, accounts, HR and payroll.
- Stock control - ensuring that sites have correct stock products and levels on site.
- Provision and maintenance of Site Reference Manuals at all sites in designated area including Health & Safety documentation, Environmental documentation and COSHH data sheets.
- Carrying out risk assessments as required and sending them back to the Health & Safety Focal Point.
- Be aware of and proactive in following the Company Environmental Policy, report any noted non-conformances in respect of instructed Environmental procedures to Environmental Focal Point.
- Attending new client site meetings, assisting with setup and provision of staff. Liaising with HR regarding TUPE transfer.
- Maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude to clients and staff and ensuring the company is always presented in a positive manner.
To participate in the staff appraisal programme, identifying personal strengths and weaknesses and personal development needs.
Note: A Criminal Records Bureau check may be carried out for this role.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.