The Business Development Manager will play a key role in driving the financial growth and performance by generating new revenue streams from public and private sector organisations. They will work closely with the Commercial Director, Sales teams. They will operate at regional, thematic, and project levels to nurture new relationships and building new partnerships.
- Identify and build a pipeline of new opportunities delivering income for SDN training, ensuring the sustainability of Script free training opportunities
- Identify and build a pipeline of new opportunities and deliver income for sponsored content
- Coordinate with marketing to drive awareness and revenue for SDN services including training and sponsored content products
- Coordinate business development opportunities and potential partnerships/ collaborations; providing market intelligence and customer insight
- Working with colleagues across company build awareness and understanding of SciDev.Net in general and specifically training services and products.
- Attend meetings/conferences where necessary.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven track record in building relationships, managing customers, and growing revenue
- Good pipeline management skills and the ability to progress opportunities through the sales cycle
- Essential skills will include customer presentations, proposal writing, negotiation and contracting
- Good working knowledge of CRMs (ideally Salesforce) and Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding and knowledge of the business models of training and online media
- Experience of working within a business development function in sales and or fundraising
- Extensive experience in business development, resource mobilisation or programme management in international development
- Work in/with developing countries
- Identification and tracking business opportunities
- Supporting the development of and contributing to successful proposals for government, foundations and other donors
- Minimum of three years sales or business development experience, ideally in media or publishing industries
Education and Qualifications
- A customer-focused outlook with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant with a considered and balanced approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrable passion for science and/or international development.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A flexible and adaptable team player
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.