A business development and customer account manager to support the Head of Business Development to grow and nurture a pipeline of biomaterial customer projects with international medical device companies.
Our client develops products incorporating novel, biomaterials which address a range of therapeutic conditions in fields including orthopaedics, ophthalmology, cardiovascular and neurology. The Company is expanding and needs someone to find and nurture leads, develop customer offers as part of a multifunctional team and to support customers before, during and after contract projects. The successful candidate will be provided with training for the technology and processes, and will have the opportunity to learn, develop new skillsets, and progress their career.
- Identify companies with medical device development plans which could add value (prospects)
- Approach prospects via trade show attendance, conferences, email, and calls to create leads and opportunities
- Maintain the customer and prospect database in the Salesforce® CRM system
- Work closely with R&D/ project teams to develop proposals for new and existing customers, coordinating the communication, and capturing the needs of the customer
- Support negotiation of contracts
- Provide excellent customer service and follow up on project delivery. Be the first point of call for a portfolio of clients and be available to resolve queries and concerns
- Cultivate strong, long term strategic relationships with prospects and customers and become a trusted partner
- Work closely with marketing manager to plan events and communications
- Up to 50% international travel may be required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the medical device/life science industry in a commercial, techno-commercial or customer service role
- Experience in a contract development and manufacturing organisation is a plus
- Technical background in material science, biology, or chemistry at B.Sc./Master level
- Experience working in a regulated industry environment (ISO 13485 and/or GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Good at planning your time and activities
- A proactive and independent worker who also interacts well in a team
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English. Additional language skills are a plus
- Competent with MS Office software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc), CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce) and project management software
The behaviours we value
- Teamwork: taking individual responsibility and supporting team members
- Transparency: communicating openly and highlighting issues promptly
- Excellence: delivering high quality outputs; aware of priorities and deadlines
- Consideration: Considerate with concern for impact on others
- Learning: embracing personal development and challenge
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.