Main purpose of the job
work within the Bid team, managing the process of compiling and producing high quality submissions in order to achieve contract wins.
Main duties & key responsibilities
- Track online opportunities for tenders and proposals from a range of frameworks and sites
- Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of allocated selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
- Planning, drafting, writing and coordinating responses to bids.
- Be able to construct relevant detailed answers which is a clear and concise response to the client’s requirements, ensuring the company’s submission is of a high standard to allow for a successful bid/tender
- To manage clients, partners and collation of deliverables from a range of stakeholders within pressurised schedules
- To produce innovative and professionally written bid and proposal content that clearly articulates the value proposition for both new and retained clients
- Build internal and external relationships with the individuals in order to create quality bids
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the team
- Develop and use creative approaches to the writing and presentation of bids
- Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy
- Ensure the quality of the responses meets the company standards
Qualifications / experience
- Experience with MS Teams
- Resilient and agile
- Previous experience in bid development work/supporting role with understanding of Bid mechanics
- Excellent Project Management skills as part of a team or having led a team
- Previous involvement in detailed bid writing – examples to be made available
- Educated to GCSE Grade C or equivalent including English and maths
- Excellent IT skills with experience in using MS Office applications.
- Ability to undergo and gain a UK Security check
- Shipley method of Writing Winning Proposals
- Working knowledge of procurement and tendering software’s/portal entry
Skills and attributes
- Demonstrates a knowledge and application of relevant learning theories
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to prioritise with a flexible working style in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Energetic, capable and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Polite, articulate and confident
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly personality
- Good social skills
- Excellent team player
- Flexible approach to working - working hours
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.