My client is looking for a Assistant Production Manager, this is a new role to join our growing production team, due to increasing volumes and a move to a new purpose-built facility, they are looking to recruit a lead leader, to take ownership of our Goods In Process/Stock Control and to lead a team of four with the production team.
- Accountable for procurement and stock control processes meeting the needs of the business and being followed diligently.
- Ensuring the procurement and stores function are working in parallel to maintain the stocking levels in line with the stocking policy.
- Ensuring sufficient stock is on order to meet the needs of the business.
- Managing the picking and kitting process to ensure that production has the material required on time in full to meet the production schedule.
- Ensuring that material from suppliers meets the specified quality criteria and is inspected in line with the inspection process before being put into stock.
- Ensuring shipments are ready for collection in full in advance of when shipment is booked.
- Ensuring the schedule for week to week production is completed in line with the overall production plan.
- Management of a small team of 4 people performing, respectively, Goods In, Picking and Kitting, Goods Out and Procurement.
- Leadership qualities, demonstrated ability to inspire a team and manage people capably.
- Attention to detail, ability to ensure processes are fit for purpose and being followed correctly.
- Accountable for results, takes ownership performance of their team to ensure it meets the business needs.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Customer centric mindset.
Knowledge & Experience:
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in production environments in roles related to procurement, stock control, stores and/or other.
- Experience being accountable for the accuracy of stock and ensuring stock control processes are followed correctly.
- Experience being accountable for procurement and ensuring sufficient material is on order to meet the needs of the business in a production company.
- Proven ability to manage a small team effectively.
Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, ability to identify risk in the supply chain by identifying material, manufacturing processes or other reasons that components may be at high risk of late delivery.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.