The assistant accountant will support the chief accountant and accountant in all aspects of company finance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Post invoices and credit notes as required
- Prepare and process supplier payments
- Analyse staff expenses and corporate card expenses
- Perform bank, VAT and other reconciliations
- Responsible for credit control
- Process monthly accruals, prepayments and journals
- Produce monthly stock valuations
- Carry out month-end, year-end
- Assist with audits
- Prepare accounts to trial balance
- Maintain fixed assets register and nominal ledger
- Ensure all financial records are complete and compliant with current legislation
- Prepare monthly reports for the management team
- Work with accountant and chief accountant to prepare budgets
- Act as point of contact across departments
- Input to R&D tax credit submissions
- Deal with company insurance policies
- Ensure processes and tasks are compliant to current legislation and are carried out in accordance with company policies within required time frames
- Other duties as assigned
- A-Levels or equivalent
- AAT level 4 (Qualified or near completion)
- Proficient with an accounting software package (Sage Accounts preferable).
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook. Prior experience of using commercial software is beneficial.
- Must have experience in accounting related roles, preferably within a manufacturing environment, and understand accounting for stock.
- Ability to understand and follow company procedures, processes and consistent styles. Knowledge of legislation and regulations required to ensure processes remain compliant. Ability to contribute towards improvements to company procedures.
- Able to develop an understanding of a complex business situation or system and come up with options for countermeasures. (Desirable: Able to confidently analyse large amounts of data)
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.