Main purpose of the job
The ability to apply for a UK National SC Security Clearance will be required by the individual.
The Security Administrator will work closely with the Security Controller in order to provide security management administrative support in respect of the maintaining the company’s security accreditations, Security Clearance procedures/processing and dealing with a variety of requests, from customers, Government, Industry and International clients, received daily by the security team.
Main duties & key responsibilities
- Management of Security Clearance documentation for Core Staff and sponsor companies/personnel.
- Daily Security Administrative documentation/customer query processing as detailed on a daily basis;
- Reporting of Security Clearance details to external companies, MoD & Government departments;
- Processing and accounting of Security Documentation received for processing from customers;
- Residency Waiver applications;
- Classified Overseas Visit applications and Processes;
- All other task you might be asked to assist with.
- You will be required to deputise for the Security Controller in their absence.
Qualifications / Experience
- The ability to apply for a UK National SC Security Clearance will be required by the individual.
- No formal qualifications are required for this role.
- Strong IT skills with experience in using MS Office applications (WORD, Excel).
- An excellent team player willing to adapt to deal with changing priorities as required.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and deal with a multiple of tasks
- Pleasant and effective manner dealing with customers from across a multitude of sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a MoD/Defence Industry/Government environment.
- A working understanding of Government security processes and policies - handling and processing sensitive & classified information & assets.
- Previous understanding of HMG personnel vetting processes
- Excellent team player
- Friendly personality
- Good social skills
- Experience with MS Teams
- Resilient and agile
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
Holidays: 22 days + all public holidays + 3 days paid Christmas Company Shutdown
Pension: 5% employee, 3% Employer contribution
Healthcare Cash Plan
Reward Gateway- Employee Discount Platform
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.