We have a vacancy for a Warehouse Training Instructor to carry out training with new learners on the shop floor in all aspects of using Low Level Order Pickers, Reach, Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck operations.
Covering the training for new starters and conducting refresher training for existing operators. Training all Warehouse operational on the relevant processes and procedures for their roles, ensuring competency testing is carried out and completed.
- To co-ordinate and conduct practical training on all warehouse functions
- Conduct regular mechanical handling refresher training
- Working closely with the Health & Safety Training Co-ordinator and assisting with updating and maintaining the training files in an organized and auditable manner
- Carry out audits of Fork Lift documentation to ensure the necessary checks are being carried out and issues recorded and reported
- To assist with updating procedures and training in all operational ways of working
- Ensure all aspects of Health & Safety at Work and Food Safety Acts are strictly adhered to at all times
Candidates must be prepared to travel in order to attend a training course with duration of approximately 10 days (a company vehicle will be provided).
Skills / Experience:
- Previous experience of working on Forklift Truck / Counterbalance Truck (a license is highly desirable, but not essential)
- Previous experience of working on Low Level Order Picker (LLOP) and / or Powered Pallet Truck (PPT)
- Must be a confident and clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude towards work, good work ethic and the ability to engage with and motivate colleagues is essential
- IT skills including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Presentation skills / experience would be advantageous, but not essential
Hours / Working Pattern - Alternating early and late day shifts, i.e. 6.00am to 2.00pm one week and 2.00pm to 10.00pm the next week.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.