We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Section Manager with a previous warehouse background to join our warehouse management team. Candidates will require some team supervisory and people management experience. Working within a team environment, the successful candidate will assist the Day Shift Managers with warehouse operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
Key Capabilities and Requirements
- Previous experience within a warehouse operation will be essential
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehousing, health and safety and compliance
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPIs and Service Levels
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Health & Safety, Employment Law, Discrimination etc.
- Effective team worker and a confident and positive communicator
- Proficient in daily use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as WMS experience
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative, focus, commitment and flexibility
Full training and development opportunities will be given to the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Warehouse Shift Managers, this role requires someone capable of working under pressure, problem solving and displaying an analytical approach to work to deliver business results and to achieve performance and service levels. The successful candidate will also encourage a customer service approach to the job.
Working Pattern / Hours
- Working hours will be 5 days / shifts per week, Sunday to Friday, in accordance with a team rota.
- Shift hours alternate between the early and late day shifts each week i.e. one week of early shifts (6.00am to 2.00pm) followed by one week of late shifts (2.00pm to 10.00pm)
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.