We are looking for someone to managing our volunteers and establishments is supported by PIMS, the company database, running on a customised Salesforce platform. Development of the database (launched in 2018) to its full potential as a management and operational tool is also key to the company's operations.
The Volunteers and Database Manager is a new post in the company. The post holder will be a key member of companies' senior management team, expected to contribute to policy, process design and management and external relations. They will work with the operations and financial functions to give senior-level support to the companies' CEO.
- Assisting with recruitment and retention programmes
- Improving volunteer deployment and services with volunteers
- Integrating Volunteer Area Coordinator's (VACs) and central management to make best use of VACs enhanced service to members
- Internal Database Management Database
- Ensuring data input, data use, procedures and security
- Training and coaching internal and future external users
- Managing embedded communications, amending and revising as required
- Design of management reports, working with CEO, operational and financial functions
- Report Writing and Data Analysis.
- Management of PIMS development project work with Emprisia, our Salesforce consultant developers
- Production of the annual budgets for Volunteer and database management within the overall budget and responsibility for managing those resources on a day to day basis
You will have at least five years' experience in a membership or volunteers management role in a charity, other not-for-profit or social enterprise (or working with a similar devolved workforce) of which three should be in a senior position.
You will have at least five years' experience of database management, including responsibility for database operations - bulk data handling, production of management information, data hygiene and security - ideally in a charity or other not-for profit organisation.
- User knowledge of and experience with one or more complex databases, ideally with experience of the user/technical interface as well as operational and customer management, is essential
- Experience of using Salesforce in particular, or a Salesforce-based database, is desirable
- Good analytical skills, able to design reports on the database and in Excel, manipulate and understand data and produce accessible management information are essential
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.