Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Attractions & Leisure, Fitness & Sports, Private and Semi-private Club, Foodservices, Construction, Education, Metal Service, Moving & Storage and Salon & Spa industries and with more than 30,000 customers across 15 countries worldwide.
Jonas’ focus is on creating long term relationships with our customers and ensuring we meet and exceed their software and service needs.
Jonas is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the TSX (CSU.TO).
Jonas Group UK consists of a number of trading companies and has offices in Wallingford, Abingdon, Leeds, Manchester, Surrey, Sheffield, Eastleigh, Bath, London, Scotland, Karachi and Sydney.
As part of the Jonas Software Operating Group within Constellation Software Inc. Constellation Software is one of the largest Canadian software companies traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Growing rapidly through organic sales and acquisition of new businesses, Jonas Group UK are seeking an exceptional Credit Controller to thrive and grow in a high paced and dynamic environment.
This position is based in Milton Park, Abingdon.
Reporting to the Transactional Account Team Lead with a dotted line to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will be working as part of the Hub B Finance team, responsible for the delivery of accounting information within a high performance culture.
This is a multi-faceted role where the post holder will be expected (but is not limited) to:
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders/goods received documentation and ensure they are appropriately authorised, and booked into accounting system.
- Resolve any discrepancies and deal with supplier queries.
- Prepare supplier payments for authorisation and subsequent processing.
- Reconcile bank accounts (including foreign currency).
- Update excel-based reconciliation / support packs –
- Contribute to the success of the overall corporate strategy.
- Carry out sales invoicing and cash allocation activities.
- Implement improvements to existing processes as required.
- Create good working relationships with key team members.
- Involvement with integration on new business units.
Must have at least 2 years relevant experience.
Strong commercial acumen and financial analysis skills.
Excellent IT skills including a high level of proficiency in Excel.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Great Plains software would be an advantage.
- Highly organised and methodical.
- Solution-focused, with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Persistent and resilient under pressure, with a good sense of humor.
- Accurate, with high attention to detail.
- Good team player, yet willing to take personal responsibility for issues.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge.
- Flexible and hardworking approach
- This role may require some travel to UK sites.