The EFS Tendering Coordinator is part of the EFS function, servicing all customer needs in relation to Engineered Fixed Systems customer development and specification. A specific shift in Business Focus for the Oil & Gas industry results in this position taking the lead role in providing a focused and controlled approach to this market. The role is responsible for defining and documenting customer needs as part of a RFQ / Specification activity, working with Finance and Sales to agree commercial terms. The role delivers a fully costed specification pack to the EFS engineering team for design and manufacture. Any changes to the specification or technical support required by the customer relating to this order are managed by this role.
Main Objectives, Duties and Responsibilities
A Project Co-ordinator/technician with experience of pulling together complex tender documents and strong commercial acumen, cost estimation skills, able to interface with customers directly with minimal supervision, able to accurately define and confirm with the customer their needs and ultimately agree the specification. Applying sound project management experience, to manage any customer change requests and track status / progress of the system build and delivery; bringing all departments together to efficiently execute agreed customer needs.
- Good standard of academic and intellectual ability Degree qualification / HND / HNC or equivalent
- Awareness of Production supply chain systems
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Good technical understanding of control systems and gas detection
- Understanding of the sales cycle and processes
- Project Management experience (Microsoft Project / Prince 2)
- MS Office products
- Technical product understanding
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation and planning aptitude
- PC Skills
- Strong financial awareness. (profit / costs)
- Work Prioritisation
- Strong work presentation skills
- Advanced PC skills in spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD
- Technical sales environment
- Technical project management
- Good health and safety awareness/knowledge desirable
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.