This new role within the group, provides an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to influence how we analyse materials and liaise with external analytical partners to support our new technology innovation needs. There will be a variety of material classes to characterise (small molecule to polymer).
This role would suit an experienced analyst who enjoys:
- Interfacing with multiple functions (design & synthesis, development, manufacturing, external analytical companies)
- Driving internal quality control standards (recording, process & safety)
- Imparting their knowledge (trouble shooting equipment, theories of techniques)
- Continuously developing their technical knowledge base
The successful candidate will bring a wealth of analytical, theoretical and practical knowledge to complement the team’s current skill base. They will play a critical role in enabling Component Delivery to become the High Performance Agile Team that deliver the new components the business needs (incremental, step-out & disruptive).
- Responsible for effective utilisation of internal analytical equipment ensuring minimal downtime
- Lead method development of chromatography techniques
- Implement and maintain efficient, accurate characterisation records
- Provide solutions to support characterisation of development materials through 3rd party analysis avenues
- Dove-tail Component Delivery material characterisation analysis with Manufacturing Technology to enhance delivery agility
- Supervise direct report, provide coaching and mentoring to other users of equipment
What you gain from this role:
- Appreciation of factors which impact our road map selection
- Greater understanding of market opportunities (short-long term)
- Influencing how we collaborate across interfaces
- Understanding of various external outsourcing opportunities
- Influence equipment purchases and our approach to analysis internally
- Coaching – imparting experience and knowledge to variety of skill bases and team members
- Opportunity to build personal network extensively across range of company functions and within Lubes Enabling Technology
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Excellent chemical analyst (practical trouble shooting and theoretical knowledge base) coupled with a strong track record of communicating technical results
- Display a high level of scientific curiosity and an ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation
- Track record of working calmly in a demanding research culture
- Exceptional track record of implementing and maintaining high quality analytical and safety records
- Strong networking, communication skills, a demonstrated ability to impart knowledge to audiences of various technical levels
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams, across multiple cultures, on wide portfolio of projects to deliver value to the customer
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.