- To manage the provision of a defined range of helpdesk services and to act as the technical lead, providing excellent customer service and ensuring technical issues are efficiently and effectively resolved
- To manage the Helpdesk team and evaluate performance
- To establish best practice through the entire technical support process
- To provide reports on the Helpdesk teams productivity and customer feedback, identifying areas for improvement
- Focal point for the Helpdesk team and intranet portal, ensuring the department works efficiently and effectively to exceed client expectations. It is important that clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, staff and other outside agencies are greeted in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Assisting the Helpdesk team in dealing with telephone and email queries from clients placing requests for new work, maintenance and repair, taking action as necessary to communicate requirements to the relevant departments and contractors as promptly as possible
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries from clients regarding the status of work already requested and confirmation of anticipated completion dates. This includes checking the status of jobs and advising the clients accordingly
- Liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain information, raise quotations and assist with ordering materials and equipment as directed
- Assisting with processing of invoices and delivery notes from suppliers, sub-contractors and own staff
- Maintenance (including collation of statistics), checking and updating of all records as necessary to ensure the provision of accurate information needed to achieve an exceptionally high quality of service, including service contracts
- Provision of information to clients and sub-contractors as required regarding work via the Helpdesk including reports, audits, satisfaction surveys, appointments, abortive calls etc.
- Ensuring that all staff and contractor staff follow health and safety, environmental and quality procedures and legislation. Any problems or areas of concern must be notified to the Risk Management Focal Point or Risk Management Adviser, the Environmental Focal Point or the Quality Focal Point
- To follow and ensure staff follow standard operating procedures to maintain quality (BS EN ISO 9001: 2008), health and safety (OHSAS 18001: 2007) and environmental (ISO 14001: 2015) management compliance
- To participate in the staff appraisal programme, identifying personal strengths and weaknesses and personal development needs
This role requires someone with extensive property or facilities maintenance experience and knowledge of building maintenance issues. They must be able to understand exactly what is being discussed including in depth, detailed knowledge of technical terminology, building and Facilities Management jargon. Clean valid driving British driving licence.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.