The Technical Support department provides exceptional support to internal and external customers with pre-sale and post-sale enquiries. The department is responsible for ownership of customer product support issues, liaising with other internal departments, through to satisfactory resolution.
The Support and Applications Specialists provide technical support to customers, channel partners and the Customer Relationship Team, ensuring expedient resolutions to enquiries via email and telephone. The team also shares technical expertise with customers and colleagues via Technical Notes and other publications and escalates issues to appropriate departments when problems arise.
- Expediently and professionally support product and technical queries from customer relationship teams, sales teams, channel partners and customers plus, where relevant, internal departments (eg Production, Repairs, Marketing, Quality or Development)
- Be a technical specialist across the range of products and software applications
- Update the Customer Relationship Team with issues raised at the Production morning meeting and as product issues occur
- Identify and own customer product and software issues. Initiate investigations as required using appropriate company procedures (eg Non-Conformances, CRM, ECN, 8D etc). Ensure customer contact is maintained and regular updates are provided where appropriate
- Administer warranty requests from customers and issue CRNs where appropriate
- Ensure all calls and emails are logged in the appropriate contact handling system (ie CRM) with full descriptions of issues, problems, requirements and any timelines or agreements that have been made. Maintain an effective log with regular updates and close when completed
- Support the generation of sales quotations by reviewing applications and suggesting technical/product solutions
- Support product and application training as required
- Keep up-to-date with certification and compliance regulations and communicate to stakeholders as appropriate
- Interact with new product development teams giving voice of the customer input
- Generate and distribute Technical Notes, in cooperation with the Marketing team
- Support the generation of Application Notes in cooperation with the Marketing team
- Regular creation of Blog topics and content for publication by the Marketing team
- Ensure the customer support content on the company website is up to date and maintain Partner log-ins
- Proactively maintain effective working relationships with all departments to achieve a shared goal of customer satisfaction
- Attendance and participation in team meetings
- Any other reasonable request by the manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technically competent, professional, friendly, customer-oriented person with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail with a calm attitude
- Able to work as part of a lively team and with constantly changing challenges and priorities
- Minimum of HNC in engineering/electronics or equivalent – 2 years field experience in a related industry
- Experience in an office-based technical support or customer facing role
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.