Who are we looking for
As part of our strategy for organic growth we are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our growing team. This role will sit within the Quality and Supply Chain team and will provide support to the wider organisation to drive continuous improvement across all aspects of Quality through the development of our partners and our supply base. To be successful in this role you will be a technically capable engineer with an understanding of quality tools and techniques. You will have demonstrated delivery of tangible quality improvements within a manufacturing environment both internally and throughout the supply chain and will have the capability to recognise opportunities for business improvement by building relationships with existing and potential new suppliers.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for managing all quality aspects within the Supply Chain and leading in the development of Supplier Performance (Quality, Cost and Delivery) of supplied products and services within the company’s manufacturing environment. This role is responsible for ensuring that the supply chain is fit for purpose and that it meets both external and internal requirements, including, product and company certifications, legal compliance and customer satisfaction. The role will provide problem resolution support to manufacturing, technical and the supply chain functions and will manage the CAPA and Non-Conformance process and the development of the Quality Management System.
- An engineering with a broad background in the areas of electronics, mechanical and manufacturing.
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business and up to C-level throughout the supply base.
- The capability to process complex data and provide clear and simple reports to inform decisions.
- A team player who can achieve success through collaboration and influence
- Has an organised approach to work and the ability to juggle day to day tasks with longer term strategic initiatives.
- A positive attitude to change management.
- Has the potential to progress to Head of Quality or beyond.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent (typically HND or higher)
Training and experience
Working level experience of the following with minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience of holding a similar role within an electro-mechanical manufacturing organisation
- Good knowledge of Quality Control and Problem-Solving techniques (Process FMEA / Control Plans / 8D problem solving / root cause analysis).
- Supplier dispute resolution.
- Supplier Production Part Approval Process & Supplier Incoming Sample Inspection Reporting
- Lean tools & techniques
- ISO 9001 Auditing experience
- Experience of the Qpulse QMS desirable
- Knowledge of working within a highly regulated industry would be an advantage
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.