The logistics department is responsible for the accurate receipt, storage and issuing of stock to internal and external customers, as well as the picking, packing and shipment of goods worldwide complying with national and international regulations and law within the company’s quality procedures and processes.
Main Objectives of the Role
- Host start up meetings with the stores team to communicate company announcements and daily actions
- Support the activity of the Logistics Operators including receiving goods into stores, following FIFO rules when replenishing stock and picking for internal and external customers
- Accurately reflect any physical transactions on EFACS
- Maintain stores in a clean tidy condition, 6S
- Look at areas for continuous improvement; raise and implement
- Support Logistics Coordinator with projects and implementation of new processes
- Understand the Kanban process and adhere to the process
- Continually monitor product shelf lives and adjust accordingly
- Maintain strong health & safety culture
- Take part and administer stock takes in business
- Identify training needs with manager
- Liaise and report to relevant department regarding stock issues
- Produce monthly reports and issue KPIs
- Carry out any other duty deemed appropriate by manager
The Stores department will endeavour to receive, store and issue stock in a careful accurate manner, following the quality and work procedures of the department. The objectives of the department are to hold stock levels that correspond exactly to those shown on EFACS and to reflect each movement, receipt or issue of inventory exactly on EFACS. Attempt to deliver the wants of those internal customers to the extent that they are consistent with procedures.
- Tenacious character, able to recover situations that require a can-do mindset
- Able to gain support from others through persuasion
- Track record of delivering results within a challenging environment
- Able to problem solve and provide problem solving guidance to your team
- Able to communicate all levels within the business
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Maths & English GCSE
- BTEC Certificate or capable of achieving this level through further development, or NVQ level 1, 2 or 3 in an Operations or Team Leader related field
- Being able to cope with a changing environment in terms of job role and stays calm, self-controlled and positive whilst under pressure
- General stores procedures
- Picking and packing
- Microsoft Office suite use
- Customer facing experience
- Good knowledge of company products
- Exposure to MRP systems and an understanding of materials requirements planning and bills of materials
- Willingness to go the extra mile to deliver orders
- Understanding of Team dynamics
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.