The transportation cell of the Warehousing and Transportation Department are responsible for ensuing all goods are packaged correctly and meet the legal and regulatory requirements for their final destination.
- Adhere and promote all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Follow shipping procedures and compliances - country specific
- Ensure the transportation standards and/or legal compliance requirements are being followed for all shipments
- Preparing documentation for submission to the chamber of commerce - Certificate of Origin, EUR.1, ATR.1
- Preparing preferential duty statements and ensuring goods qualify as per the relevant customs notices
- Preparing shipping documents - invoice, packing lists, Airway Bill
- Advise relevant departments of shipments including tracking numbers ETA
- Clearing held goods with customs in the UK and abroad - working with Border Force and relevant government departments to resolve issues and to enable an efficient process.
- Communicating with customers regarding shipping instructions and details
- Communicating with production regarding readiness of orders/deadlines
- Communicating instructions for shipment preparation to planning and the dispatch cell
- Booking collections with freight forwarders and couriers and communicating accordingly
- Advising other departments of shipping costs, weights and dimensions, as required
- Invoice EFACS deliveries
- To promote ensure the business requirements and customer deliverables, as well as ensuring the departmental performance against targets.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement activities throughout the department
- Promote awareness of customer satisfaction throughout the department
- Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by manager
While the above key responsibilities are the main elements you may at times be requested to carry out other tasks deemed to be within their capabilities.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.