Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, with a particular focus on viral vectors for gene therapy applications. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, expression system optimisation, cell line development and engineering of viral delivery systems. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists, engineers and technicians to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
We seek an enthusiastic and self-starting bioinformatician to design, implement and evaluate novel software tools to support our genome editing group. In particular, the successful applicant will train machine learning models to predict the targeting patterns of CRISPR/Cas9 gRNAs. The successful applicant will join our interdisciplinary bioinformatics team, working alongside scientific programmers, infrastructure engineers, and web app developers to support both commercial and R&D projects at Oxford Genetics.
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
- To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives set.
- To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
- To attend training as requested.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND QUALITY
- To uphold the company mission and values.
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES / DIVERSITY
- To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy providing equality of treatment and opportunity to employees, irrespective of sex, sexuality, age, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their omissions or actions at work.
- To promote the company Health and Safety Policy and ensure matters are managed in accordance with it.
- To report accidents, incidents and near misses, implementing corrective action where necessary.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA SECURITY
- To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and future similar legislation and ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with the Act.
- To preserve the confidentiality of any information in connection with their employment.This obligation shall continue in perpetuity.
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 - £38,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Child Care Voucher Scheme, Glasses Vouchers and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Medawar Building, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.