Are you looking to join a global publishing sales team? Do you have a real focus on the customer and providing a quality service? Are you passionate about starting a career in the publishing industry?
This is an exciting opportunity to support our successful Higher Education sales team to generate sales to meet targets by providing administrative support, running reports and carrying out research.
The role would suit a highly organised, independent, and personable individual with the capacity to assimilate new information quickly. You will be required to analyse sales figures, run reports, maintain our sales database and communicate with colleagues in the sales, marketing and editorial departments on a daily basis.
The key responsibilities are:
- Providing daily administrative support for the sales team; ensuring queries & requests are dealt with in a timely manner
- Managing requests from lecturers or academics via our website
- Producing regular sales reports
- Updating the team database daily, to provide accurate sales forecasting of sales closed
- Providing the sales manager with sales and reviewer information for textbook proposal and launch meetings to enable accurate forecasting
- Researching higher education institutions to provide course and lecturer contacts for underperforming titles.
- Running sales-led marketing campaigns to generate copy requests from academics to ultimately drive interest in these texts from students
- Acting as first point of contact for external and internal enquiries, communicating across marketing and editorial departments where necessary
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills
- Have experience working in a team
- Possess a strong customer focus
- Be Proactive and self-motivated
- Be a quick learner
- Have a genuine interest in developing a career within the publishing industry (experience is not required as full training will be provided)
This position is based in our Milton Park offices near Abingdon
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.