ABOUT OXFORD GENETICS:
Oxford Genetics mission is to pioneer technologies that streamline the discovery, development and production of biologics, cell and gene therapies. This is enabled through cutting edge bioinformatics, including algorithms and tools, that drive the rational design of complex biological systems at the DNA level. These biological systems are then assembled on automated platforms using a Lego-like core DNA system, called SnapFast™. Examples of this approach include the development of optimised platforms for the discovery, engineering and production of antibodies; the creation of improved viral vectors, packaging and production cell lines for lentivirus and AAV manufacture; and CRISPR libraries and CRISPR cell line engineering.
Oxford Genetics are located within purpose-fitted laboratories and modern offices at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford. We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage customer specific projects and act as the primary point of contact between Oxford Genetics and the Customer during an active project. This will require the ability to manage projects with a cross-functional team to achieve goals and objectives. This position requires the utilization of leadership, technical, and team-building skills along with project management and scheduling techniques. The Project Manager is expected to drive performance from the operations team including prioritization, escalation and identification of bottlenecks, as well as providing a solution to deliver on the financial commitments each month and quarter.
- Work closely with the Sales teams, the customer, and all relevant Oxford Genetics Support and Operational Departments.
- In collaboration with operations, write the scope of work, outline the costs, recommend the sales price and timeline for Oxford Genetics custom solutions.
- Focus on the successful management and execution of custom projects and deliver the solution to the customer.
- Monitor and report on progress to Management and the customer.This includes capturing scope change for impact to projects revenue and timelines and managing complex projects through milestones to commercial success including adherence to time, quality and budget.
- Communicate project activities with the project team and customer to ensure awareness of project delays, issues and successes.
- Coordinate all activities including outlining, scheduling and facilitation of regular customer conference calls, providing meeting notes and follow up action items, internal progress meeting and soliciting commercial support as necessary for customer communication and meeting project deliverables and expectations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
- To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives set.
- To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
- To attend training as requested.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND QUALITY
- To uphold the company mission and values.
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES / DIVERSITY
- To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy providing equality of treatment and opportunity to employees, irrespective of sex, sexuality, age, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their omissions or actions at work.
- To promote the company Health and Safety Policy and ensure matters are managed in accordance with it.
- To report accidents, incidents and near misses, implementing corrective action where necessary.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA SECURITY
- To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and future similar legislation and ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with the Act.
- To preserve the confidentiality of any information in connection with their employment.This obligation shall continue in perpetuity.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Open
Hours: Full time
Salary Guide: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum/pro rata (Depending on Experience) plus benefits
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Child Care Voucher Scheme, Glasses Vouchers, Long Service Benefits and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Medawar Building, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.